Sunday, December 4, 2011

Winter Be Damned: My New Pearl Izumi P.R.O. Softshell Lobster Gloves


What should a responsible randonneur do on a beautiful day when he/she can't ride? Buy new gear, of course. When I had to pull the plug on my plans for a 200K permanent yesterday due to family illness and a pulled shoulder muscle, I was very pleased to get the call from my pals at The Bicycle Depot letting me know that my new Pearl Izumi P.R.O. Lobster Mitts had arrived.

Despite temperatures in the mid-fifties this afternoon, I took off for a short spin to see how the shoulder was feeling and made sure to try out the new lobster mitts for good measure. Let me tell you, these are some sweet gloves! They're light (filled with Primaloft), fleece-lined and encased in a softshell windbreak fabric.

I anticipate great things this winter. With a new permanent route approved on flat, main, well-maintained roads and a pair of excellent deep winter gloves, I stand an increasingly good chance of capturing that elusive R-12 medal. Sure, I'll look like a dork, but who cares. Stay tuned . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment