Thursday, December 20, 2012

Goals 2013


As we creep toward the end times, I designed a training plan for 2013 on the off chance that the world does not cease to exist tomorrow. If 2011 was my year of RECOVERY and 2012 my year of REDEMPTION, then 2013 will be my year of RETURN; return to the level conditioning I had achieved before the accident. It's been a long haul, but with each ride, I feel more like my old self on the bike. What I need now is some fine tuning and consistent rebuilding. To achieve these goals, I'll need to improve flexibility, strength and endurance.

Here are my specific goals for 2013:
  1. Ride a full SR series.
  2. Complete the Gold Rush Randonnee 1200.
  3. Achieve a strong finish in the Saratoga 12-hour race. It would be great to exceed my personal record of 226 miles.
  4. Rebuild my general strength and conditioning (core, upper body, legs)
  5. Practice yoga regularly to improve flexibility.
  6. Earn a second R-12 medal.
It's time to build a base. To that end, I plan to throw myself into the Rapha Festive 500 Challenge next week by logging over 500 kilometers between Christmas and New Year's Eve. More information at this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment