Sunday, October 28, 2012

Coffeeneuring Before the Storm: Ride 4

Not my favorite cup of Joe this season.

In between preparations for Hurricane Sandy and dusk this evening, I squeezed in a quick Coffeeneuring Challenge ride to the closest coffee shop I could find that I've not already visited this season. I'm a big fan of Stewart's Shops as controle points on brevets and permanents because they're almost always open, have great clean bathrooms and a range of cheap food options including a great selection of ice cream. They are not exactly destination coffee shops, however. I couldn't be choosy today, though, with a huge storm on the way, so Stewart's it was going to be after spending several hours preparing the basement and patio for the potential ravages of Sandy.

The Headless Horseman - Voted #1 Haunted House in the Northeast by MTV

Ride 4 by the numbers: 16 miles, 1 hour, 1 cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment