Sunday, November 17, 2013

Just Under the Wire: Coffeeneuring Ride 7


One of the first rules of randonneuring is to front-load your riding so that you don't run out of time. Up against time constraints, we learn early on not to tempt fate by assuming nothing will go wrong, because, so often the unexpected rears its ugly head. Luckily, nothing went wrong for me over the past few months, but I've been working six-day weeks for some time and with a few college tours thrown in, that number or busy days per week has crept to seven on several occasions. As a result, I found myself undertaking my final coffeeneuirng ride on November 17, the last day of the challenge, with one hour to spare before heading to work in Long Island. I rode to the closest place that sells coffee. It's a shop I don't particularly like, owned by someone I don't particularly want to give my money to, which sells something hot and dark which looks vaguely like coffee. When in a pinch, we do what we have to do. I'm done. Mission accomplished.


Location: Esopus, NY
Venue: The Country Store
Coffee: black
Carbs: none
Mileage: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment