Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Coffeeneuring Challenge: Cup #2


I was scheduled to ride in the VT Fall Classic 200K this weekend, but with the Rosh Hashanah holiday, family in from out of town, a pile of work to dig into and a forecast for steady rain and unseasonably cold temperatures, I opted to stay home and secure my October R-12 ride later in the month. Since I was keeping it local, I decided to spin over to the People's Republic of Rosendale to complete my Coffeeneuring Challenge ride for the weekend. The day began wet and cold, but the skies cleared around midday, so when I arrived at the Alternative Baker I was able to sit outside at one of the lovely sidewalk cafe tables and enjoy my coffee and mixed berry scone in style.


I love Rosendale for lots of reasons. The Rosendale Theater Collective, which was recently organized to take over a decaying local movie theater is one of them and the Alternative Baker, which recenlty moved here from Kingston, is another. Today's scone was spot on, but the coffee was nothing to write home about.


30 miles, mixed berry scone and a black coffee. Where will my coffeeneuring passion lead next? Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. You were well justified in skipping the VT Fall Classic. It was cold and wet and I didn't see any scones.

    ReplyDelete