Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Paul Racer Brakes: Check!


The other day while discussing stylish silver component options, Justin at Signature Cycles suggested that I consider Paul Racer brakes for the new rando bike I'm having built up. As you may know, Paul Racers are newly designed center-pull brakes modeled after the classic Mafac center-pulls. At first, I was reluctant to make the change since the Racers cost twice as much and require special braze-on mounts so there would be no turning back. Then after reading some reviews, looking at some photos and throwing care to the wind, I called Justin back and asked him to contact the builders at IF to see if the frame was too far along to make the adjustment. I also learned that it will be possible to attach a front rack to the brake bosses should I ever chose to go in that direction. Luckily, I heard back today that it's a go for the new Paul brakes. This is going to be one sweet bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment