Friday, June 10, 2011

Portrait Night at Signature Cycles with Rob Vandermark of Seven Cycles


When I was visiting with Paul Levine of Signature Cycles last week for a fitting at his Central Valley location, he invited me to the upcoming Portrait Night at the Greenwich Signature studio. The idea is simple, Paul invites an important figure in the custom bicycle business to speak, spreads the word to people who have bought or might buy through Signature and then additionally offers the opportunity for bike owners to have their portrait taken alongside their custom Signature bike by professional portrait photographer James Patrick Cooper. I've seen a few of these portraits and they're really quite nice.

The event is scheduled for this Thursday evening from 6:00 - 8:00 pm and features Rob Vandermark the founder and chief designer at Seven Cycles in Watertown, MA. I'm a huge Seven fan and look forward to hearing Rob speak about the Berlin Show Bike, the gorgeous urban utility bike he's planning to bring (pictured above), among other things.

The funny thing is that I'll be having my picture taken alongside my totaled Independent Fabrication Club Racer. I told Paul that I'd love to come, but only if I can get an additional portrait taken with its replacement which should arrive within the next 6-8 weeks. It should make for an interesting before/after comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment