Friday, February 4, 2011

A Father and Son Tradition Continues


Registration opened on Tuesday morning at 10:00 am for Bike New York's annual 42-mile Five Boro Bike Tour and within three days, the entire 32,000 slots were SOLD OUT. Luckily, we had a snow day on Tuesday, so I could multi-task through the 1hr. 45 min. process to reserve two slots for my son and me to enjoy our annual 42-mile tradition. So while I can't even ride a bike on a road at this point, I've registered for my first event of 2011! I also hope to ride in the Princeton 200K in April, but if things don't progress as planned with my recovery and training, I know that I'll at least be pedaling through the streets of NYC on May 1 with my son and 32,000 of our closest friends.This will be our third year riding in the event together and his joy at the prospect of repeating this tradition with his old man was palpable and warmed my heart to no end.

No comments:

Post a Comment